Wednesday, November 21, 2007

JOE BUDDEN SPEAKZ ON SAIGON BEEF & MORE


Looking at your punchline, can you see how Saigon can take that as a disrespectful line?

Well, I’m open-minded and I like to play the devil’s advocate so I can always see how something can be interpreted, but the reality of it is that the line is a punchline. I know when you do punchlines, you take an event that’s known by a good amount of people and make a punchline out of it. Everyone knows what happened with him and Mobb Deep. It was widely spoken about. There’s video of it all over the internet and everybody saw what happened. From that sense and looking at it from my angle, it was a good line. I was talking about jumpoffs and the line was appropriate. But anything that I say, I’m more than happy to be held accountable for. So if he wants to attempt to smack “earth, wind and fire” out of me, then so be it. But realistically, is that going to happen? Honestly, you’re talking about a guy who used to box versus somebody who sucker-punched somebody who probably weighs a buck-50, being generous. He’s 5 foot-whatever and you couldn’t knock him out. Now you want to knock out somebody who’s 6 feet and 198 pounds. That doesn’t sound very realistic to me. How about you ?

CLICK THE TITLE FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW AT HHG.

No comments: