Sunday, March 16, 2008

BIG LOU SPEAKZ ON FAT JOE


I mean, my thing is, B, I’m not trying to put out a million diss tracks on Joe. My career ain’t based off him. If I don’t hear from him, my career goes on. I got hit songs that me and Slay are cooking up in the lab. It’s back to the grind. I’m not going to lose sleep over Fat Joe. I’m not going to wait for him to respond. He disrespected me and I felt as though I had to get at him. Either he’s going to be real enough and come at it and cats already know, I’m a lyrical dude. So I’m pretty sure he knows I’m a lyrical dude. Maybe he don’t want no part of it. It’s really that he can’t fuck with it and that’s understandable. I’m not going to take away from his credibility because the man did put out hit albums and that’s the part that I used to respect about him until he disrespected me. I respect what he did for hip-hop and I could never take away from what Joe did. I wasn’t involved in the Terror Squad so I can’t say too much about it. I know he did some shit that was uncalled for. I know he should have kept it real with his squad. I know whatever he felt about Pun’s wife, with Liza and the kids, I know he should have still taken care of them. That lady has Pun’s kids! Whatever you feel about her, you have to put that shit aside and still take care of the kids. If Pun was alive, I guarantee you he would have done that shit for him. Fat Joe got rich and our agendas are different. The way I go at music, we go at it differently. I’m trying to be wealthy. And I got some hit records and we’re going to get there too. It took him a good 10 years before he made a hit record. Come on, man. Don’t count me out right now. I’m fresh in the game. I’m a new kid. I’m a rookie.

TO READ THE WHOLE INTERVIEW OVER AT HIPHOPGAME.COM CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE THE PIC

No comments: