Saturday, December 8, 2007

FLOYD "MONEY" MAYWEATHER PREPARES TO KNOCKOUT THE RAP GAME


Mayweather, who has rechristened himself as “Money,” plans to take the leap in to the world of Hip-Hop as a rapper, and he’s got the biggest knock-out artist in his corner, 50 Cent. In addition to ghostwriting, Mayweather says 50 Cent is a friend who has been supportive of his stellar boxing career.

Money Mayweather on rapping :

"I don’t call it rapping. I call it shit talking. I got too much money to be a rapper. You saw it. It wasn’t nothing but a freestyle on there. I was playing around. I had a Floyd Mayweather weekend. A DJ from Atlanta came out here. He brought his guy out here that had a camcorder. He asked me if it was alright if he recorded some of me partying and talking for a youtube contest. I said, ‘No problem!’ I told him I just wanted to see it first. He agreed. The next thing you know this guy went out there and made up any type of video that he wanted to make up and went put it up on youtube. I was highly upset, because we got plans on shooting a real video for the song."

Money M on 50 cent :

Well, I’m pretty sure he’s going to be in the video for my single. If not that doesn’t change our friendship. 50 Cent is an icon in the Hip-Hop world just as I am in the sport of boxing. I look at myself as an entertainer. I don’t want to label myself as just a fighter. Just being an A-lister and talking with 50 Cent, he’s very intelligent and he’s one hell of a business man. 50 Cent heard my song and told me, ‘Floyd I thought you was going to be bull shittin’ with the music. But after hearing your song, you can really do this.’ It made me feel good. Now I’m ready to o go out there and shit talk, trash talk or whatever they want to call it. I’m not a rapper. I got to much money to be a rapper.

So after 50 Cent said that he liked what you were doing did that boost your confidence?

Floyd Mayweather: Well, he didn’t say it was bad, he didn’t say it was great. He just said, ‘You shocked me with this song. He said it’s a cool song. He told me that he was going to ghost write a couple of songs for my album. I said, ‘No problem.’ Look what he did for Game, Lloyd Banks, the list goes on and on. Look what he did for the whole G-Unit.

No comments: